Terms & Conditions
Door Fitter London – the door fitters who care
- General Information and Website Usage
- www.door-fitter.com is owned and operated by Door Experts Ltd, registered in England and Wales under 12398692 company registration number, with registered office address: 86 Netherlands Road,New Barnet, Barnet, England, EN5 1BU, and operating from: 279 Abbeydale Road, London, HA0 1TW (ref: Showroom). VAT registration number – 406533907.
- By using this site, users agree to Door Experts Ltd. usage policy explained in these Terms & Conditions (below).
- This site belongs to Door Experts Ltd. The copyright to the contents of this site is owned by Door Experts Ltd, or other third parties who have licensed use. Users may download material from this site for their own personal, non-commercial use only, provided all copyright notices are kept intact. Any other copying, redistributing, or publishing of any part of this site in any manner is strictly prohibited.
- The trademarks, logos, characters and service marks (collectively “Trademarks”) displayed on the Door Experts Ltd. website belong to Door Experts Ltd. Nothing contained on this website should be construed as granting any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on this website. Your use/misuse of the Trademarks displayed on this website, or any other content on this website, except as provided in these Terms and Conditions, is strictly prohibited. You are also advised that Door Experts Ltd. will aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution.
- Timber is a natural material which is subject to changes in temperature and humidity. We cannot accept liability for natural movement or distortion, warping, swelling or splitting which could be caused by the door being exposed to extremes of temperature or humidity, or if the door is not correctly stored, treated or hung. Warping or bowing of up to 4mm along the length of a door shall be deemed to be within the manufacturers tolerances.
- All Door Experts Ltd products, doors and accessories, carry manufacturer’s specific warranties, specified on the product page and (if available) within instruction attached to the product on delivery.
- Our products are supplied from different manufacturers, therefore they can carry different fitting and/or maintenance instructions and warranty conditions. Please contact our sales team for advice on particular products.
- Due to natural colour and texture variation on timber products, the delivered product may not look exactly the same as shown on the picture, although it will be made using the same technology and materials.
- All our products may vary in colour, texture and other minor details, therefore we strongly advise to purchase all goods for one project at the same time to avoid differences. For additional goods that you may be hoping to match with goods previously supplied, we are unable to guarantee continuity of product. In any event Door Experts Ltd cannot be held responsible for natural colour or texture variation on timber products.
- Our standard products are sourced from different manufacturers who source their products worldwide. We reserve the right to change manufacturer’s sources without prior notice.
- All images displayed on our website are for illustration purposes only. Detailed technical information can be provided upon request.
- CHECK YOUR GOODS
From the point of delivery by us or collection, you have 3 working days to check your goods.
Within 3 Days You Must:
- Detail any damage you observe to the packaging of the goods or to the goods themselves on the delivery/collection note.
- Check that the goods delivered match your order exactly including the size ordered.
- Remove all packaging and check every delivered/collected item for damage and/or manufacturing faults. Do not assume that a perfectly wrapped door is in perfect condition.
It is important that you thoroughly check your doors for any of the following potential faults, prior to commencing any alterations AND BEFORE BOOKING A TRADESMAN:
- Visible damage i.e. scratches, dents or chips.
- Warping or bowing beyond a 6mm tolerance.
- Scratches on glass (if supplied).
- Wrong door model or size supplied.
- Two odd doors supplied where the order specified a matching pair.
- STORAGE & INSTALLATION
- Ensure prior to fitting that all doors are stored in a cool, dry atmosphere and kept flat.
- Only fit Internal doors internally. Only fit External doors externally.
- Ensure doors are not hung in damp or newly plastered rooms and exercise caution when fitting on newly screeded floors or when the doors will be exposed to extremes of heat or humidity, i.e. conservatories, close to radiators, inside double-glazed porches etc.
- Doors fitted on kitchens and bathrooms should be well-ventilated to prevent prolonged periods of exposure to moisture.
PLEASE NOTE: WE WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED, FOR EXAMPLE SPLITTING, CRACKING ETC., IF DOORS HAVE BEEN HUNG AND NOT PROPERLY PROTECTED FROM MOISTURE PENETRATION.
- Faults and Warranty
- The Customer is obliged to thoroughly check the goods upon arrival. Faults (glass or timber breakage, scratches, dents, damaged packaging etc.) and/or order errors (incorrect products or quantities supplied) must be reported within 24h from receipt of delivery. Photographic evidence is required to establish the damage, prior to replacing of damaged or faulty doors.
- Any developed faults must be reported in writing (email, fax or mail) along with a photograph of the problem area during the warranty period. We advise you to contact us to confirm we have received the email or fax and to use the recorded mail service requiring a signature in order to avoid delays of claims. In most cases a site inspection will be carried out to confirm the fault.
- Any product reported as faulty on the day of delivery must not be fitted, finished or altered, as Door Experts Ltd cannot replace products if any alterations have been carried out.
- Finishing, fitting, alterations and further maintenance of products can only be carried out according to manufacturer’s instructions supplied by Door Experts Ltd prior to or during the delivery of the goods. Any deviation from the manufacturer’s instructions will cause the warranty to be void.
- Due to the manufacturing process standard goods may sometimes vary slightly in sizes displayed on our website. This is not considered as a defect and is not returnable or refundable.
- Any goods purchased as factory seconds, clearance, end of line, ex-display stock or warehouse damaged are sold as seen, do not carry a warranty and are not returnable or refundable.
- Conditions of Sale
- All online orders placed will be stored within our system and will be accessible through a customer login. Order confirmations are sent to customers automatically upon placing the order. Terms and Conditions apply to all orders and are available to view online at all times.
- All goods must be paid for in full when placing the order. All prices quoted include value added tax (V.A.T) at its current rate.
- In the event of individual credit payment terms agreed – If payment is not made in accordance with those terms, we will exercise our statutory right to claim interest at 8% above the Bank of England base rate together with compensation for debt recovery costs under the Late Payment legislation.
- Title to goods will pass from Door Experts Ltd to the Customer on signing of the Delivery Note, only if the goods have been paid for in full, including any additional charges that may be applied after the order has been placed.
- Customer must check the order carefully to avoid errors. Changes to orders can only be accepted within 24 hours from placing it, after that time changes may incur additional charges and extend the delivery times.
- Door Experts Ltd shall not be held responsible for any incidental work or expenses arising out of or because of any defect in our product or failure to deliver within the specified timeframe. In the event of goods proving to be defective (manufacturer’s defect only) which need replacement, our liability shall not exceed the replacement of the faulty goods.
- We reserve the right to change or withdraw any items in our range, as well as change their prices without prior notice.
- Bespoke product quotes are valid for up to 30 days.
- Door Experts Ltd uses an affiliate distribution company to deliver nationwide in the United Kingdom, excluding Ireland and the Channel Islands. Should the Customer require delivery to an area not within our remit, special arrangements and pricing may be required. Please contact our sales team for advice.
- Deliveries are pre-arranged between our distribution centre and the Customer to a specific date and a part of the day, morning or afternoon. Deliveries are usually confirmed 1-2 hours before arrival.
- Should the Customer fail to accept the pre-arranged delivery, another delivery charge will be applied and the delivery will be re-arranged.
- Should there be difficulties to arrange delivery within 14 days of the point at which goods are ready to be delivered, due to Customer related issues (work, holidays etc), additional charges for warehousing may be applied.
- Standard delivery will require another person (the Customer or designated person) to help carry large or heavy goods into the house. A 2-man delivery service will not require an additional person to help offload.
- Upon delivery, goods will be carried into the house or designated area, but only as far as the ground floor.
- We are happy to accept orders from all over the world. We ask that you arrange your own courier/shipping and are happy to deliver to your onward shipping agent. However, on signing of the product(s) at the point of collection or delivery, your agent is confirming as your representative that the goods have been delivered by us satisfactorily. Please note that our guarantee is not valid for products once they are outside of mainland UK.
- CONDITIONS OF SALE
- Our Sales Contract is with the named person or Company on the sales Order Acknowledgment.
- Our guarantee may be transferred to the first owner of a new build or refurbished property up to 6 months after supply if purchased by a trade account holder. Proof of purchase will be requested to confirm ownership and rightful transfer of title where delivery addresses differ.
- All items must be paid for in full prior to delivery or collection unless account facilities are in place. (By opening an Account with us you have agreed to be bound by our payment terms). The title of goods remains with Door Experts Ltd. until full payment has been made.
- We shall not be held responsible for any incidental work or expenses arising due to any defect in our product or failure to deliver within an estimated time frame.
- Lead times are estimates and not a firm date of arrival for goods. Various factors affect the supply of goods.
- In the event of goods proving to be defective (manufacturer’s defect only) which need replacement, our liability shall not exceed the replacement of faulty goods.
- Orders are non-cancellable and non-refundable once an order has beenconfirmed and it cannot be amended unless by mutual agreement.
- Returns for incorrectly ordered or unwanted product in a customer’s possession for over 14 days will be subject to a 15% handling charge.
- We are unable to accept returns after 56 days under any circumstances.
- A collection charge will be applied if we are requested to arrange the transportation element of any return.
- All returns and refunds are entirely at the discretion of the Duty Manager.
- Goods must be returned in perfect condition, with complete original packaging and proof of purchase.
- We will store items for up to 4 weeks after they become available for delivery. Beyond this we reserve the right to charge a storage fee of £10 a week or part thereof for each pallet of up to 15 doors stored. If you are concerned by this aspect due to a large project requiring a longer timescale, please discuss a phased call off plan at the point of ordering.
WE CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FAILURE TO SUPPLY WITHIN AN ESTIMATED LEADTIME AND YOU SHOULD NOT BOOK A TRADESMAN UNTIL YOU HAVE RECEIVED AND FULLY CHECKED YOUR GOODS.
- We will keep you up to date with any changes in the progress of your order. If your order is particularly time critical, please notify us in writing of your time-frame and we will confirm whether we accept your order on this basis.
- Whilst we will make every effort to accommodate your preferred delivery date, this is not always feasible. We will however do our utmost to deliver as close to your desired date as possible.
- Made-to-order/tailor-made/bespoke items are non-cancellable and non- refundable once an order has been confirmed and therefore cannot be amended unless by mutual agreement.
- In the case of made-to-order/tailor-made/bespoke items a deposit of at least 50% of the total value including VAT is required at the time of ordering. Should any items no longer be required, the deposit will be retained and the balance owing invoiced for settlement within 28 days of date of invoice.
- We cannot guarantee continuity in product (i.e. timber colour, grain, panel sizes etc. may vary). To avoid mis-matching products please order all goods for a project in one go.
- Due to circumstances beyond our control prices may be altered up or down.
- Prices of individual products do not include delivery charges (where applicable).
- We accept orders from all over the world but ask that you arrange your courier/shipping for destinations outside of mainland UK. On signing for the product(s) at the point of collection or delivery, your agent is confirming as your representative that the goods have been provided satisfactorily. N.B. Our guarantee is not valid for products once they are outside of mainland UK.
- If any mistakes are made through human error we will do our utmost to rectify them as quickly as possible.
- Due to the vagaries of the printing process and the natural qualities of timber, colours in our catalogue are for guidance and may not be exactly replicated in the final product.
- Door Experts Ltd. reserves the right to alter our manufacturing suppliers, construction methods and price without notice.
- Internal doors bought after 14th July 2020 benefit from a Lifetime Guarantee, so long as the “Finishing, Care & Maintenance Instructions” have been followed and the finish maintained.
- External doors are offered with a five year guarantee so long as the “Finishing, Care & Maintenance Instructions” have been followed and the finish maintained.
If you are unhappy in any way with a product of ours, or believe a product to be defective or faulty, then please contact our Customer Services Department:
Telephone: 0208 066 1783
In writing: Customer Services, Door Experts, 279 Abbeydale Road, London, HA0 1TW
- We are unable to make changes to or cancel a delivery with less than two working days’ notice; a failed delivery will still apply at the rate quoted to you and a new delivery charge will be made for redelivery.
In the event that you have been informed of the delivery date but on arrival delivery is not possible e.g. there is no-one on-site to receive it, the delivery charge will still apply and a new charge made for redelivery.
We are always happy to advise on any aspect of door fitting and installation. So if you have any questions, please feel free to contact us – we love the work we do, and sharing our knowledge and experience…
Our reputation for quality, service and attention to detail means that much of our business comes from repeat customers and referrals. Contact us to find out more.
When installing a door, our carpenters will start by measuring the width at various positions around the door frame.
Our Door Fitters provide the followings services:
Why use a professional door fitter?
Our defective door has been replaced and done a good job. Thanks again for your good after sale service and I will condidently recommend your name to our friends and familes if any need door installations.
Nice, clean and perfect door fitter, either internal and external doors. I recommend 1000%.
These chaps provide a great service and superb doors which enhance the appearance of any home. They were punctual, polite, provided explanations and were very clean and left the room spotless. Couldn’t recommend enough!